What is the "5-free" formula?
5-free formula is a relatively new term within nail polish manufacturing. You may have heard of it?
We are going to do our best explaining why this is so important and why we are so proud of our own formula, because it is 5-free.
5-free means that the nail polish is among one of the best on the market. Why? It is because that five hazardous ingredients, that commonly is used within nail polish manufacturing have been completely deleted from the ingredients. IDUN Minerals nail polish contain NONE of the ingredients listed below.
- Toluene is a solvent with a very strong smell. Inhalation of this is not recommended because of the damage that the solvent may cause in the form of nausea, dizziness and fatigue.
- Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) is a commonly used plasticizer, a substance used to change the properties of plastics. There are several types of phthalates and DBP is one of these. Some phthalates are suspected to be so harmful that they are prohibited in all toys and child care articles.
- Formaldehyde is a substance with many uses. It can be included in glue on particle board, in clothes or to fix color. The vapors can trigger asthma and the substance is also a known carcinogen.
- Formaldehyde resin is a derivative of formaldehyde and is often used for surface treatment or as glue. It is not as dangerous as formaldehyde but can cause allergy.
- Camphor is a substance that causes yellow color and removes nourishment from your nails.